NothingClever

My XP V1 Shakedown Trip

Will try to migrate my posts over to here in the next few weeks but here's a look at our trip from California through Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and lastly to Florida.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/112267-My-XP-V1-Shakedown-Thread

Oh man, that looks epic.  Are you safe and sound in florida now?  We're just about ready to hit the road..  about 2 more weeks!

sam

Enjoyed your thread immensly. I wish you happy and safe travels. I was born in Tampa, don't miss the snakes, oversized cockroaches and swarms of mosquitos :P Oh yea the stiffiling hummidity. Talked  my wife into reading your thread, I think she has soften her opinion, a little bit, on my ordered V1. We'll see. Cheers!

Nothing Clever.  Great write up and very informative!  I appreciate it.  My wife and I flew out and met with Marc on Wednesday at his office in Grass Valley.  We have a home in Colorado.  We spend a lot of time in the backcountry in Southwest Colorado.  We are planning on driving the Pan Am in 2015.  We are finalizing plans for truck and camper.  I am 6'4.  I wanted to make sure I fit in the bed area.  

My own V1 (#16) shake down cruise begins NOW! Grass Valley down the California coast then over to Death Valley is the first leg. Then I motor home to Florida to pay bills and pick up The Dog before heading out for a simple circumvention of North America. After that...? For those worried about my Syncro Westfalia, have no fear! Marc at XP is caring for it while I'm away.

For those worried about my Syncro Westfalia, have no fear! Marc at XP is caring for it while I'm away.

Sure he is! All I can think of is this clip from Ferris Bueller's day off. Except instead of a Ferrari it's your westfalia syncro! And that's Marc driving it!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: