glideking

Teapot to Standing Rocks road, Canyonlands, Utah

A post to see if I can learn how to post a photo. The only way to drive to the main camping spots in The Maze is to take the only road. The road, if you can call it, that is the most time consuming 10 miles I have ever been on. There were many ledges that required ramp building to traverse. You can see in the photos the black marks of spinning tires and many bumps and scrapes by other vehicles that came this way. With the slight lift kit, larger tires and pressures down to 35 psi on all fours the truck had no problem crawling slowly up and down the obstacles. The rear toolboxes on our truck have a very nice departure angle but the rear bumper eliminates that advantage. The backup sensor bar took a hit and was destroyed. I plan on moving the sensors and license plate onto the flatbed and taking the bumper off for next time.

post-1345-0-85084000-1478662612_thumb.jpg

post-1345-0-13327600-1478662747_thumb.jpg

post-1345-0-33573100-1478662808_thumb.jpg

My truck is a long bed with an extension for the extra tool box behind the cab. Trucks without extra box should have no problems on this road. I doubt plastic tracks could hold the weight of my fully loaded camper. Piling up rocks was fun and works very well.