2 replies to this topic

#1 highaltidude

highaltidude

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Owner V1
  • 44 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:29 AM

While I fully trust all you other XP owners....

:-)

I wasn't a big fan of the use of the all too common CH751 key.

I finally had a chance to drive the truck/camper down to my favorite locksmith.  I removed the five exterior compartment latches and the barrel lock from the truck tray.  The locksmith rekeyed all six locks for $60 (and that included 5 new keys).  I then reinstalled them in the camper and drove home....   In and out in less than an hour.....

It's a nice feeling to know that there are no longer any CH751 locks on my truck/camper.

Chuck

#2 Paul

Paul

Learning The Ropes

• XP Owner V1
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:21 PM

I'm crushed by your mistrust of the rest of us (and will be looking at re-keying).

I saw you put the truck step on. I looks great. Do you like it in that spot? Does the door deflect at all when using it? We're still toying with where to mount one.

Paul

#3 highaltidude

highaltidude

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Owner V1
  • 44 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:47 PM

I saw you put the truck step on. I looks great. Do you like it in that spot? Does the door deflect at all when using it? We're still toying with where to mount one.

I'm happy with the location.  I've used it a couple of times.  

It is basically in the same place where you put your foot if you just open the compartment door, like you showed us at OE.....

But now I can use it to enter the camper, and sleep in it, and no door is left hanging open...
:-)

I discussed this a bit w the guys at XP when I was there.  They cut me a quick backing plate out of some aluminum scrap.  I think it helps mitigate any door deflection. 

gallery_6187_33_29487.jpg

The step was stainless, ordered on Amazon.  Just under $25 I think.....

Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users