Photo

Charter Membership Will Close on May 31st 2013!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 admin

admin

Administrator

• XP Admin
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

Everyone who signs up on the forum through May 31st, 2013 will be granted the status of "Charter member".  This special charter member status will end right after Overland Expo 2013, on May 31st.

Being a Charter Member means you are one of the first to become a member of this forum.  Once it's closed, it will never be re-opened.  Charter Members will always have a badge indicating their status next to their profile.

As a Charter Member, you have a unique role and responsibility to create and foster the culture of this forum.  It's up to you to:

• Post as often as you can to establish the initial base of content for the forum
  • Post as many pictures as you can to establish the initial photo galleries of the forum
  • Invite others interested in XPCamper to become members of the forum

Make sure that anyone who wants to be a Charter Member and share in these responsibilities & rewards does so before May 31st!

- XPCamper Admin

Screen%20Shot%202013-02-24%20at%203.03.0

XP Camper Forum Admin

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• XP Admin
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Just a reminder everyone that charter membership will close at the end of this month, on May 31st!

In order to have that nifty "charter member" badge on your profile for life, you'll need to register and make at least one post no later than May 31st.

After May 31st, that's it.  That special status is closed forever to new members.  

Please make sure to read the responsibilities that come along with being a charger member above, and encourage those at Overland Expo to sign up and post before the window closes.

XP Camper Forum Admin

#3 redpicus

redpicus

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Owner V1
  • 20 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:23 AM

Just touching base to see when the badges will be posted for the most recent members who signed up and posted before May 31st.   I send out my deposit last week...travel on! Thanks.

#4 admin

admin

Administrator

• XP Admin
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Done!  Everyone who registered through 5/31 has been made a charter member.  Charter membership is closed!

XP Camper Forum Admin

#5 Freebird

Freebird

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationCentral WA & the greater Pacific NW USA

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:39 PM

So, no Charter Membership here. Late to the party....
Again.
So, what is it worth? Original price indefinitely? ;-)

#6 mrfish

mrfish

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Owner V1
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:33 PM

It would be nice if Charter members and just plain old members would do some posting on this forum. It's aupposed to be a place to share ideas and experiences and most of the postings are from two years ago.

#7 RoamingRobertsons

RoamingRobertsons

Forum Enthusiast

• XP Owner V1
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMojave Desert

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:46 PM

It would be nice if Charter members and just plain old members would do some posting on this forum. It's aupposed to be a place to share ideas and experiences and most of the postings are from two years ago.

It would be nice but keep in mind there are a grand total of 39 owners to date, at least as of late December when I was last in Marc's shop. This forum has less than 300 users accounts so assuming all owners are members (doubtful) that leaves about 260 or so "fans", lurkers, former owners, future owners, etc. who don't have much to post about. The bulk of the owners are out happily gallavanting around the world in their fantastic campers. I'll have a new mod post after I pick my rig up in about two weeks.

As for "Charter Member" status on the forum, all it gets you a a nifty badge below your avatar, which I seem to have now lost.
Check out and subscribe to our blog at http://www.maybelost.net.

#8 Nomads365

Nomads365

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWA in the Great PacNorWet

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:57 AM

Count me (and wife) in the "soon to be owners" category. I'm so glad Toni was able to get the new-user validation glitch fixed as I've been wanting to participate here for a month or two. By not having my account validated I was unable to post or view photos on posts, obviously taking away much of the fun of reading.

I've been having fun trying to match up user ID's with blogs and following along on adventures. I've even corresponded with a couple of folks offline or on Facebook. Now that I'm here I'll be an active poster, and I'm looking forward to meeting more of you virtually or on the road.

Dennis

• RoamingRobertsons and mrfish like this

#9 highaltidude

highaltidude

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Unit On Order
  • 38 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:14 AM

Count me (and wife) in the "soon to be owners" category. I'm so glad Toni was able to get the new-user validation glitch fixed as I've been wanting to participate here for a month or two. By not having my account validated I was unable to post or view photos on posts, obviously taking away much of the fun of reading.

I've been having fun trying to match up user ID's with blogs and following along on adventures. I've even corresponded with a couple of folks offline or on Facebook. Now that I'm here I'll be an active poster, and I'm looking forward to meeting more of you virtually or on the road.

Dennis

Dennis,

My wife and I are in the same boat as you.  Met Marc at Overland Expo 2016, and put our deposit down on a new V1.  The truck has been to Grass Valley and had the flat bed installed.  Just got verified and hope to be able to post up some pics of the truck, and our travels after we get the camper....

Chuck

• RoamingRobertsons, mrfish, ramblefeet and 1 other like this

#10 mrfish

mrfish

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Owner V1
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:50 PM

Great. Glad to see some action. Hope you all get your rigs soon. Your'e gonna love em.

#11 PNWXP

PNWXP

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:15 PM

Just ordered a V1 looking forward to meeting other XPCampers!

#12 Nomads365

Nomads365

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:18 PM

Just ordered a V1 looking forward to meeting other XPCampers!

Where in the PacNorWet area are you?

#13 PNWXP

PNWXP

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:29 PM

I'm in the Spokane area, have been torturing myself for almost a year on what to buy and finally ordered the V1.  Now the wait begins.  Where are you Seeker?

#14 Nomads365

Nomads365

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:35 PM

I'm in the Spokane area, have been torturing myself for almost a year on what to buy and finally ordered the V1.  Now the wait begins.  Where are you Seeker?

We're down by Portland in Vancouver. Anxiously waiting for a date to take our truck down for its build.

#15 PNWXP

PNWXP

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:47 PM

What truck did you get, I haven't bought mine yet.  

#16 Nomads365

Nomads365

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:52 PM

What truck did you get, I haven't bought mine yet.  

We picked up a used '07 Dodge Dually 3500 quad-cab with the 5.9L Cummins, 6-spd manual, long-bed. We wanted the older one so we can eventually take it to South America. Took me about 2 months of looking all over the country to find the exact one I wanted, and I found it right here by home. One-owner, Laramie package with 105k miles, and only light towing use.

#17 PNWXP

PNWXP

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:55 PM

Awesome!  What is the payload on that bad boy?  I'm leaning toward a new RAM 3500 crewcab, long bed with 4,400lb payload.  I'm not planning on leaving the US or Canada anytime soon.  

#18 mrfish

mrfish

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Owner V1
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:01 PM

We picked up a used '07 Dodge Dually 3500 quad-cab with the 5.9L Cummins, 6-spd manual, long-bed. We wanted the older one so we can eventually take it to South America. Took me about 2 months of looking all over the country to find the exact one I wanted, and I found it right here by home. One-owner, Laramie package with 105k miles, and only light towing use.

Do you need to use DEF in your 2007?

#19 PNWXP

PNWXP

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:03 PM

Hey nice to see some activity on this Forum! :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:   I was getting worried it was an unused relic!

#20 mrfish

mrfish

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Owner V1
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:05 PM

Awesome!  What is the payload on that bad boy?  I'm leaning toward a new RAM 3500 crewcab, long bed with 4,400lb payload.  I'm not planning on leaving the US or Canada anytime soon.
This from Ted White whi lives in Baja

The most that will happen with your 2015 Dodge RAM is the engine light MIGHT come on for a while from time to time while using Mexican diesel fuel. There has been a 2015 Dodge RAM here in Los Barriles since October and the engine light has been on twice for short periods - that's it. This is consistent with the reports I have received from other 2015 Dodge RAM owners. The Dodge diesel pickup emissions systems are very tolerant of the higher sulfur levels in Mexican diesel fuel.

As for whether there is ULSD on the Baja, there is credible evidence that all of the diesel fuel at Pemex stations down to and including Jesus Maria is ULSD from the USA or Japan, for the following reasons:

Pemex's own distribution charts indicate that all of the diesel fuel in the Northern Baja, down to and including Jesus Maria, is distributed out of the Pemex tank farm in Ensenada.

Pemex supply chain information charts show all of the diesel in Ensenada tank farm coming from the USA via pipeline, and from Japan, from time to time, via ocean tanker.

Numerous interviews, by a number of Spanish speaking pickup owners, with attendants at Pemex stations on the Baja have confirmed the data in the Pemex distribution maps, and the attendants at Jesus Maria have confirmed on 4 separate occasions, to 4 separate people, that their diesel comes from Ensenada. In contrast, the attendants at the last station in the Northern Baja, just north of the BCS border have confirmed that their diesel comes from La Paz. (Pemex distribution maps also show this to be the case).

Last March I personally drew a sample of the diesel fuel at El Rosario and sent it to my contacts at GM Diesel Emissions Programming Division for testing. It was confirmed to be ULSD from the USA. This year, on my way north in early April, I will draw samples at Jesus Maria and San Quintin in order to provide additional evidence that the fuel is ULSD.

I have test equipment with GM programming that enables me to monitor emissions and control regeneration cycles on Duramax powered trucks. My observations of emissions and engine behavior over 5 years on the Baja also confirm that all of the diesel fuel as far south as Jesus Maria is ULSD.

Hope that helps.
  • Nomads365 likes this

#21 PNWXP

PNWXP

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:15 PM

The most that will happen with your 2015 Dodge RAM is the engine light MIGHT come on for a while from time to time while using Mexican diesel fuel. There has been a 2015 Dodge RAM here in Los Barriles since October and the engine light has been on twice for short periods - that's it. This is consistent with the reports I have received from other 2015 Dodge RAM owners. The Dodge diesel pickup emissions systems are very tolerant of the higher sulfur levels in Mexican diesel fuel.

As for whether there is ULSD on the Baja, there is credible evidence that all of the diesel fuel at Pemex stations down to and including Jesus Maria is ULSD from the USA or Japan, for the following reasons:

Pemex's own distribution charts indicate that all of the diesel fuel in the Northern Baja, down to and including Jesus Maria, is distributed out of the Pemex tank farm in Ensenada.

Pemex supply chain information charts show all of the diesel in Ensenada tank farm coming from the USA via pipeline, and from Japan, from time to time, via ocean tanker.

Numerous interviews, by a number of Spanish speaking pickup owners, with attendants at Pemex stations on the Baja have confirmed the data in the Pemex distribution maps, and the attendants at Jesus Maria have confirmed on 4 separate occasions, to 4 separate people, that their diesel comes from Ensenada. In contrast, the attendants at the last station in the Northern Baja, just north of the BCS border have confirmed that their diesel comes from La Paz. (Pemex distribution maps also show this to be the case).

Last March I personally drew a sample of the diesel fuel at El Rosario and sent it to my contacts at GM Diesel Emissions Programming Division for testing. It was confirmed to be ULSD from the USA. This year, on my way north in early April, I will draw samples at Jesus Maria and San Quintin in order to provide additional evidence that the fuel is ULSD.

I have test equipment with GM programming that enables me to monitor emissions and control regeneration cycles on Duramax powered trucks. My observations of emissions and engine behavior over 5 years on the Baja also confirm that all of the diesel fuel as far south as Jesus Maria is ULSD.

Hope that helps.

Wow, thanks for all the info I had no idea that was the current state of fuel in Mexico.  Good news, the thought of Baja is really appealing.

#22 Nomads365

Nomads365

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:34 PM

Do you need to use DEF in your 2007?

Nope, it's all pre-change.

#23 Nomads365

Nomads365

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:35 AM

GVWR on the Gen3 Dodge dually is 12,200lbs, but I'm not sure what the exact payload would be.

#24 mrfish

mrfish

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Owner V1
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:57 AM

Wow, thanks for all the info I had no idea that was the current state of fuel in Mexico.  Good news, the thought of Baja is really appealing.

We were going to go down there last month but we couldn't find anyone who wanted to do it with us and then the protesting and roadblocks began which turned us off for now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users