3 replies to this topic

#1 NoParticularPlaceToGo

NoParticularPlaceToGo

Just made first posts!

• XP Owner V1
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:37 PM

I wasn't sure what was even going on around here. Or where to start. But I knew I wanted in. I've been in enough hotel rooms to know that's not how I want to travel. I'd been to RV shows, their offerings simply did not appeal to me.

New member here. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Gerhard. It was the Fall of 2015 and I was at the Taylor Ranch in Fletcher, North Carolina for Overland Expo EAST. It was muddy. I think it had rained for a week straight. Cars were sliding into each other. But this is where they were. Those people in their strange machines. Big machines, small machines, 2 wheel, 4 wheel, even more wheels. Everyone had different stories and different ideas but they all had a few things in common: They wanted to move and travel and explore. And I wanted in.

I wandered from one area to the next. People sleeping in tents and hammocks. Bikes behind trailers. Trailers behind bikes. Tents in truck beds. Van conversions. Ambulance conversions. Earthroamer? Nice. Out of my price range. When did they start putting tents on roofs? Huh, never saw a sidecar dog before. Doggles!

It was all very ingenious, but I could not see myself in most of these vehicles. Rivets, staples, plywood. Appliances seemed built to the bare minimum, begging to fall apart. Stuff creaked and wobbled.

Then I saw it. An XPCamper V1. Dude! This I can relate to! Solid. Light and airy. Everything is right there. Quality.

When I arrived back home I read everything I could find about this new breed of camper. I was hooked. I bought a 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 and drove it to Grass Valley. My XP V1 is currently being created, and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Thanks to everyone for their participation on these forums, it has been very enlightening!

"Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead."
Emily 3.0 - World of Tomorrow [2015]

Attached Thumbnails

• MyDodgeRam3500.JPG

• Nomads365, gapednor, wapednor and 2 others like this

#2 Nomads365

Nomads365

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationWA in the Great PacNorWet

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:43 AM

Welcome Gerhard! Great story about how to came to choose an XP. Your dually looks strangely familiar.  :P  Ours is a 2007 (5.9L). Our camper is on order. How far along is yours?

Stock Truck

Wheels and tires installed

Bed removed

#3 NoParticularPlaceToGo

NoParticularPlaceToGo

Just made first posts!

• XP Owner V1
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:39 PM

Yes, that is one sweet looking truck if I do say so myself!

Camper should be ready in a month or two. 

XPCamper has a history of constantly evaluating and improving their products. I've learned you can't rush these things, so I'm trying to be patient. I've recently retired and am eager to start exploring more!

• Nomads365 likes this

#4 Nomads365

Nomads365

Been Around For A Bit

• XP Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationWA in the Great PacNorWet

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:42 PM

You might see ours there getting the flatbed and other work when you pick yours up.   :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dodge, Overland Expo, Intro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users