Photo

Taco V2 options upgrade payload (Tacoma and V2 questions)

Tacoma V2 GVRW OME ARB Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 campervanbeethoven

campervanbeethoven

Just made first posts!

• XP Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:11 PM

My wife and I are looking at pop up campers for out 2014 Tacoma. It's the 73.5 inch long be with the double cab and is about 140 inches long. The V2 (brings to mind the Saturn Rocket doesn't it) and the other hard top campers all exceed the payload weight Soft top campers like FWC Fleet are light enough, but we don't want a fabric top. We looked at the Colorado, but it's around the same capacity, and our Taco barely gets through some of our favorite trails, so we've ruled out a full-size truck. 

Could we increase the payload with the OME BP-51 OMETAC16BP51B kit? It upgrades the front coil overs, rear shocks, and leafs? Or something like Icons Stage 4 or 5 with Progressive Add-A-Leaf pack?

Here's the math we're working with:

Tacoma Double Cab Long Bed 4x4 5,500 GVWR, 4285 curb weight, 1,330 payload (and no those number don't match, but that's what's on the truck stickers).

XP Camper V2: 1,200 pounds wet, 600-800 pounds of people, dog, gear, extra fuel, spare tire, etc.

So we need to get our truck up to 1,800-2,000 payload and 6200-6300 GVRW

Thoughts?

Thanks

• gapednor, wapednor, capednor and 2 others like this

#2 LaMarmota

LaMarmota

Just made first posts!

• XP Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:26 PM

Welcome to the forum! Random question but where did you get the 1200lb wet number? I picked up my V2 about a month ago and when I had a chance to weigh it, it was a lot heavier than I thought. The weight stated on the sticker in the camper is 1633lb but I'm still unclear whether that number is wet or dry (I also have a few options like the inverter/awning).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tacoma, V2, GVRW, OME, ARB, Upgrade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users